Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.11 No.5
- Linux 4.9.275
- made msm_serial_hs and Bluetooth threads RT to improve Bluetooth buffer copy speed and avoid scheduling delays in kernel
- disabled dfps in JDI and EBBG panels to prevent dfps from messing with vsync timers. Animations should feel smoother
- moved geni_i2c driver init to async
- Enabled DRBG_HASH and DRBG_CTR as recommended by NIST SP 800-90A
- upstream fix for PS5 controller HID driver
- DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
- QDCM rework and Wide Color Gamut support
- cleaned up and modified qdcm calibration configs for JDI and EBBG panels
- properly enabled DCI P3 wide color gamut support across the system. Your screen is now able to display more colors, and colors are more accurate.
- colors in HDR videos are also fixed. HDR videos will be rendered in the correct color space with proper dynamic range.
- Fixed the color mode logic in display HAL
- your screen now correctly returns to the previous color profile after playing an HDR video or displaying DCI P3 content
- you do not need to worry about which color profile you use. Even if you use an sRGB profile most of the time, the screen will temporarily switch to a proper profile when the content is HDR or DCI P3, and switch back afterwards
- Addressed the slow fix in GPS
- a “fix” in GNSS terminology means the device is able to connect to a good number of satellites and keep an accurate track of its longitude and latitude
- previously the phone may have trouble getting a fix sometimes despite having good signal-to-noise ratio
- Fixed the issue of broken screen brightness adjustment in some apps
- Updated VPP, Media Codecs, CACert, Display, Adreno, SCVE, WFD, msm_irqbalance, Time Services, TEE, TUI, Peripheral Manager, ESE, Widevine, and DRM blobs from OnePlus6 android11 open beta
- Correctly set cpu_dma_latency in hexadecimal
- Enabled camera api v2 for Snap
- this enables several new features and fixes the glitches when using filters
- Adjusted the previous microphone volume boost to apply to both microphones
- this should alleviate the distorted or unbalanced audio recordings in some cases
Feature Update Highlights:
- July security patch
- Face unlock improvements
- Translation updates
Gapps are included. Vendor and firmware are included. OTA or dirty flash is fine if you are on my previous PE 11 build.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.