- Happy Chinese New Year!
- PE recovery is REQUIRED
- DO NOT use any other recovery
- Partition scheme has been switched to retrofit dynamic partitioning because polaris is running out of system partition space. No actual re-partition is involved. Instead, the physical system and vendor partition is mapped together to form a logical “super” partition. The size of super partition equals the sum of the physical system and vendor partitions. After that, logical system and vendor partitions are created on top of this super partition. In this way, we are essentially redistributing space between the physical system and vendor partition to accommodate for the increase in size of system libraries and prebuilt apps.
- The firmware is included with a different keymaster.img from perseus. DO NOT flash your own firmware.
- To switch to other ROMs, format data in PE recovery first, and then install another recovery. You may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
- You can dirty flash from the previous PE 13 builds. You can dirty flash PE 13 Plus on top of the regular PE 13.
- You cannot upgrade from android 12 builds. Formatting data is required.
PE recovery flash guide
- Download PE recovery from the official PE website
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode. You can either
- hold power + volume down button
adb reboot bootloader
- or use the
Reboot to bootloaderoption in TWRP/OrangeFox
- Connect your phone to a computer
fastboot flash recovery pe_recovery_file_name.imgin your cmd/powershell/terminal
- Hold power + volume up to boot into recovery
PE 13 flash guide
- Boot into PE recovery
Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory reset. You phone should say that /data, /cache, and /metadata have been formatted.
- Go back to main menu and select “Apply update” –> “Apply from ADB”
- Connect your phone to a computer
adb sideload pe_rom_file_name.zipin your cmd/powershell/terminal and wait until it finishes.
- Reboot to system
Device Specific Changes
- Etude kernel: Op.13 No.2
- Linux 4.9.337. The 4.9 kernel reached EOL from upstream stable kernel release.
- built with the latest LLVM Clang 16
- backported configurable per-cgroup PSI tracking
- guarded a deprecated clang-specific auto zero variable initialization flag
- a few fixes for compressed apex and encryption
- picked a few fixes for qcacld and sdcardfs
- changed f2fs defaults to match the default tuning values in AOSP
- aligned Clang ThinLTO flags with mainline kernel to take advantage of thinlto-cache
- link vdso32 with
-z noexecstackto avoid warnings in bfd from the latest GNU binutils
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Disabled per-cgroup PSI accounting to avoid performance overhead because android does not need it
- Enabled compressed apex
- Fixed carrier video calling by adding the missing [email protected] library
- Significantly simplified the system-side IMS blobs
- Overrode Pixel thermal HAL service initialization to fix boot issues after android 13 QPR1 merge
ROM Side Changes
- January security patch
- GApps updated from QPR1 and later builds
- We did several changes to try fixing the screen stutter and battery drain caused by Pixel Launcher. If the issue persists for you, try uninstalling previous updates of Android System Intelligence or even do a clean flash. Disabling search related features in launcher settings may also help.
- Qualcomm’s WiFi Display (WFD) works fine. However, if you have a saved WFD connection, you may see the screen cast logo appear in statusbar after a reboot. Just press disconnect from the screen cast QS tile if that happens.
- If you enable bubble for some apps, the translucent background may flicker when the bubble is activated. The flicker seems to be slightly better after QPR1, but it definitely still happens.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.