Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.11 No.5
- Linux 4.9.275
- made msm_serial_hs and Bluetooth threads RT to improve Bluetooth buffer copy speed and avoid scheduling delays in kernel
- disabled dfps in JDI and EBBG panels to prevent dfps from messing with vsync timers. Animations should feel smoother
- moved geni_i2c driver init to async
- Enabled DRBG_HASH and DRBG_CTR as recommended by NIST SP 800-90A
- upstream fix for PS5 controller HID driver
- DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
- QDCM rework and Wide Color Gamut support
- cleaned up and modified qdcm calibration configs for JDI and EBBG panels
- properly enabled DCI P3 wide color gamut support across the system. Your screen is now able to display more colors, and colors are more accurate.
- colors in HDR videos are also fixed. HDR videos will be rendered in the correct color space with proper dynamic range.
- Fixed the color mode logic in display HAL
- your screen now correctly returns to the previous color profile after playing an HDR video or displaying DCI P3 content
- you do not need to worry about which color profile you use. Even if you use an sRGB profile most of the time, the screen will temporarily switch to a proper profile when the content is HDR or DCI P3, and switch back afterwards
- Addressed the slow fix in GPS
- a “fix” in GNSS terminology means the device is able to connect to a good number of satellites and keep an accurate track of its longitude and latitude
- previously the phone may have trouble getting a fix sometimes despite having good signal-to-noise ratio
- Fixed the issue of broken screen brightness adjustment in some apps
- Updated VPP, Media Codecs, CACert, Display, Adreno, SCVE, WFD, msm_irqbalance, Time Services, TEE, TUI, Peripheral Manager, ESE, Widevine, and DRM blobs from OnePlus6 android11 open beta
- Correctly set cpu_dma_latency in hexadecimal
- Enabled camera api v2 for Snap
- this enables several new features and fixes the glitches when using filters
- Adjusted the previous microphone volume boost to apply to both microphones
- this should alleviate the distorted or unbalanced audio recordings in some cases
Feature Update Highlights:
- July security patch
- Face unlock improvements
- App lock is removed due to bugs. Note: if you have apps locked in older builds, remove the lock before updating to the new build. Otherwise those apps will still work, but you will not be able to uninstall them.
- Translation updates
Gapps are included. Vendor and firmware are included. OTA or dirty flash is fine if you are on my previous PE 11/Plus build.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.