- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 11. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 11.
- Encryption is disabled for various reasons. You can keep using the latest TWRP or OrangeFox, but please follow the clean flash guide carefully.
- Dirty flash is fine from previous EvoX android 12 builds
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.12 No.1
- Linux 4.9.295
- merged CAF tag
- backported optimizations on qrwlock from mainline kernel
- backported optimized spinning loop in osq lock
- reduced cache line size back to 64KB to avoid occasional network packet allocation performance issue
- dropped unnecessary ndelay in kernel timers because we have queued spinlock
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Updated DPM, IMS, and RIL system blobs from
- missing ringback tone (the one after a call is connected and before the other side picks it up) in some carriers should be fixed
- Switched to CAF’s latest IMS RCS implementation
- Updated display HAL and sepolicy from
- Telephoto lens should be selectable in certain gcam ports
- tested on BSG’s 8.1 gcam; BSG’s 8.3 does not use the aux camera yet, as the time of writing
Evolution X Updates:
- Disabled the extra call strength icons in the expanded status bar
- Updated the default wallpaper and brought back the Papers app
- Unlimited backup for Google Photos should be working again
- Customizations for icon shapes
- Different status bar signal and WiFi icon styles
- Extended or L shape back swipe gestures
- Misc fixes for things like SystemUI crashes
Clean flash guide:
- Install the latest TWRP or OrangeFox
- In TWRP/OrangeFox, open Terminal (Advanced/Terminal in TWRP, Menu/More/Terminal in OrangeFox), and run command
mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cust, then enter “y” to confirm.
- Install ROM in recovery
- Format data (the one you type “yes” to confirm)
Gapps, vendor and firmware are included. Dirty flash may be fine if you are on my previous Evolution X build.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.