- Merry Christmas!
- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 12. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 12.
- You can OTA or dirty flash from previous EvoX android 13 builds.
- Partition scheme has been switched to retrofit dynamic partitioning because polaris is running out of system partition space. No actual re-partition is involved. Instead, the physical system and vendor partition is mapped together to form a logical “super” partition. The size of super partition equals the sum of the physical system and vendor partitions. After that, logical system and vendor partitions are created on top of this super partition. In this way, we are essentially redistributing space between the physical system and vendor partition to accommodate for the increase in size of system libraries and prebuilt apps.
- Encryption is enabled.
- The firmware is included with a different keymaster.img from perseus. DO NOT flash your own firmware.
- Formatting data and flashing with EvoX is verified and recommended by me. The latest release of OrangeFox recovery for dynamic partitions may work as well. If you encountered issue using OrangeFox, please contact OrangeFox maintainer for support.
- To switch to other ROMs, format data in EvoX recovery first, and then install another recovery. You may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
EvoX recovery flash guide*
- Download EvoX recovery from https://sourceforge.net/projects/evolution-x/files/polaris/recovery
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode. You can either
- hold power + volume down button
adb reboot bootloader
- or use the
Reboot to bootloaderoption in TWRP/OrangeFox
- Connect your phone to a computer
fastboot flash recovery evox_recovery_file_name.imgin your cmd/powershell/terminal
- Hold power + volume up to boot into recovery
EvoX flash guide
- Boot into EvoX recovery
Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory reset. You phone should say that /data, /cache, and /metadata have been formatted.
- Go back to main menu and select “Apply update” –> “Apply from ADB”
- Connect your phone to a computer
adb sideload evox_rom_file_name.zipin your cmd/powershell/terminal and wait until it finishes.
- Reboot to system
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.13 No.2
- Linux 4.9.336
- built with the latest LLVM Clang 16
- guarded a deprecated clang-specific auto zero variable initialization flag
- a few fixes for compressed apex and encryption
- picked a few fixes for qcacld and sdcardfs
- changed f2fs defaults to match the default tuning values in AOSP
- aligned Clang ThinLTO flags with mainline kernel to take advantage of thinlto-cache
- link vdso32 with
-z noexecstackto avoid warnings in bfd from the latest GNU binutils
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Enabled compressed apex
- Brought back some sepolicy to support detailed battery information in Settings/Battery
- Fixed a WiFi Display issue caused by missing libs
- Fixed carrier video calling by adding the missing [email protected] library
- Significantly simplified the system-side IMS blobs
- Override Pixel thermal HAL service initialization to fix boot issues after android 13 QPR1 merge
Evolution X Updates:
- The ROM has been rebased on top of android 13 QPR1 with December security patch. QPR1 is a relative big change. Features are still being worked on, and not all things are fully stable yet.
- EvoX switched to a source built launcher because Pixel launcher has been having random stutters and battery drains since the launch of Pixel 7 series.
- Other fixes and improvements.
- Qualcomm’s WiFi Display (WFD) works fine. However, if you have a saved WFD connection, you may see the screen cast QS tile getting stuck at enabled or disabled state. Forgetting this WFD connection and re-connect should help fix the issue.
- If you enable bubble for some apps, the translucent background may flicker when the bubble is activated. The flicker seems to be slightly better after QPR1, but it definitely still happens.
ROM Download | Recovery Download | XDA Thread
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.