- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 12. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 12.
- Partition scheme has been switched to retrofit dynamic partitioning because polaris is running out of system partition space. No actual re-partition is involved. Instead, the physical system and vendor partition is mapped together to form a logical “super” partition. The size of super partition equals the sum of the physical system and vendor partitions. After that, logical system and vendor partitions are created on top of this super partition. In this way, we are essentially redistributing space between the physical system and vendor partition to accommodate for the increase in size of system libraries and prebuilt apps.
- Encryption is enabled.
- The firmware is included with a different keymaster.img from perseus. DO NOT flash your own firmware.
- Formatting data and flashing with EvoX is verified and recommended by me. The latest release of OrangeFox recovery for dynamic partitions may work as well. If you encountered issue using OrangeFox, please contact OrangeFox maintainer for support.
- To switch to other ROMs, format data in EvoX recovery first, and then install another recovery. You may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
EvoX recovery flash guide*
- Download EvoX recovery from https://sourceforge.net/projects/evolution-x/files/polaris/recovery
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode. You can either
- hold power + volume down button
adb reboot bootloader
- or use the
Reboot to bootloaderoption in TWRP/OrangeFox
- Connect your phone to a computer
fastboot flash recovery evox_recovery_file_name.imgin your cmd/powershell/terminal
- Hold power + volume up to boot into recovery
EvoX flash guide
- Boot into EvoX recovery
Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory reset. You phone should say that /data, /cache, and /metadata have been formatted.
- Go back to main menu and select “Apply update” –> “Apply from ADB”
- Connect your phone to a computer
adb sideload evox_rom_file_name.zipin your cmd/powershell/terminal and wait until it finishes.
- Reboot to system
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.13 No.2
- Linux 4.9.334
- dropped system and vendor fstab entries from dts because they are moved to ramdisk fstab for dynamic partitioning.
- built with the latest LLVM Clang 15.0.2 and full LLVM binutils, including the LLVM integrated assembler
- added time slice duty cycle in wifi_interface_info to address the log spam in android 13’s WiFi HAL
- added a backport of EROFS from 5.10. Currently nothing is using this filesystem, but we might use it in the future.
- updated to the latest mainline exFAT driver
- fixed a mismatched bound in qcacld
- backported and enabled DWARF5 debug symbol for the kernel build
- fixed crypto assembly for LLVM IAS
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Switched to retrofit dynamic partitioning
- Mount /metadata during first stage init
- Pre-optimized SystemUI for speed
- Adapted to the new AOSP BT stack and added several fixes
- Properly enabled thermal pid feature 1.0 for Pixel thermal HAL
- Upstreamed Pixel power HAL to the latest android 13 tag
- Updated DPM, IMS, RIL, and WFD system blobs from
- Added a shim to fix an ABI change in libpiex for camera blobs
- Switched rounded corner overlay to vector drawable because Google broke the plain radius-based overlay
- Enabled zygote critical window
- More fixes for the new AOSP BT stack
- Some updates to the USB props and default USB device name
- Disabled advance network scan because our device is a legacy target
- Enabled and configured main and telephoto cameras for the Aperture app
Evolution X Updates:
- Initial EvoX release based on android 13 with November security patch.
- Qualcomm’s WiFi Display (WFD) works fine. However, if you have a saved WFD connection, you may see the screen cast logo appear in statusbar after a reboot. Just press disconnect from the screen cast QS tile if that happens.
- If you enable bubble for some apps, the translucent background may flicker when the bubble is activated.
- Carrier video call may be broken for some carriers. Please disable this feature on your SIM card settings page if your carrier is affected.
ROM Download | Recovery Download | XDA Thread
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.