- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 12. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 12.
- You can OTA or dirty flash from previous EvoX android 13 builds.
- Partition scheme has been switched to retrofit dynamic partitioning because polaris is running out of system partition space. No actual re-partition is involved. Instead, the physical system and vendor partition is mapped together to form a logical “super” partition. The size of super partition equals the sum of the physical system and vendor partitions. After that, logical system and vendor partitions are created on top of this super partition. In this way, we are essentially redistributing space between the physical system and vendor partition to accommodate for the increase in size of system libraries and prebuilt apps.
- Encryption is enabled.
- The firmware is included with a different keymaster.img from perseus. DO NOT flash your own firmware.
- Formatting data and flashing with EvoX is verified and recommended by me. The latest release of OrangeFox recovery for dynamic partitions may work as well. If you encountered issue using OrangeFox, please contact OrangeFox maintainer for support.
- To switch to other ROMs, format data in EvoX recovery first, and then install another recovery. You may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
EvoX recovery flash guide*
- Download EvoX recovery from https://sourceforge.net/projects/evolution-x/files/polaris/recovery
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode. You can either
- hold power + volume down button
adb reboot bootloader
- or use the
Reboot to bootloaderoption in TWRP/OrangeFox
- Connect your phone to a computer
fastboot flash recovery evox_recovery_file_name.imgin your cmd/powershell/terminal
- Hold power + volume up to boot into recovery
EvoX flash guide
- Boot into EvoX recovery
Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory reset. You phone should say that /data, /cache, and /metadata have been formatted.
- Go back to main menu and select “Apply update” –> “Apply from ADB”
- Connect your phone to a computer
adb sideload evox_rom_file_name.zipin your cmd/powershell/terminal and wait until it finishes.
- Reboot to system
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.13 No.2
- built with the latest LLVM Clang 16.0.2 stable
- backported configurable per-cgroup PSI tracking
- merged two network related fixes from android common kernel upstream
LA.UM.8.3.c25-07800-sdm845.0into qcacld and qcacmn
- stopped suppressing all unused argument warnings for clang and removed some arguments from the Makefile
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Disabled per-cgroup PSI accounting to avoid performance overhead because android does not need it.
- Enabled WiFi Reg Changed event that was disabled in upstream by default.
- Switched to the new open source aptX and aptXHD encoders in the BT stack.
Evolution X Updates:
- April security patch
- The source is rebased after QPR2. Old features may be missing, and new features may show up.
- Qualcomm’s WiFi Display (WFD) works fine. However, if you have a saved WFD connection, you may see the screen cast logo appear in statusbar after a reboot. Just press disconnect from the screen cast QS tile if that happens.
- If you enable bubble for app notifications, the translucent background may flicker when the bubble is activated.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.