- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 11. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 11.
- Encryption is disabled for various reasons. You can keep using the latest TWRP or OrangeFox, but please follow the clean flash guide carefully.
- Dirty flash is fine from previous EvoX builds based on android 12 or 12.1
- When switching to other ROMs, you may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.12 No.4
- Linux 4.9.319
- merged CL tag
LA.UM.9.8.r1-05000-SDM710.0into the main kernel and
- built with Prelude Clang based on the latest LLVM Clang 15 source
- fixed lots of warnings from Clang 15
- backported lz4’s fast decompress loop from upstream lz4 1.9.3, which offers 10% throughput increase in zram lz4 decompression
- imported the latest exFAT kernel driver backport from mainline kernel and switched to this driver for exFAT from the old unmaintained sdFAT driver
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Disabled redir_party_num. This should fix the issue of incorrect incoming caller phone number format for some carriers.
- Dropped an unused DRM build flag
- Updated deprecated screen power items in power profile
- Fixed a statusbar height issue after June’s patch
- Switched back to GL for HWUI renderer (from Vulkan)
- display artifacts when playing videos in some apps should be fixed
- Moved to qcom’s unified USB init scripts
- Used the cgroup and task_profile configs from system directly
Evolution X Updates:
- June security patch
- Added a button to reset battery usage stats
- GameSpace updates
- Option to configure navbar radius
- Some more pulse options in Evolver
- Added battery bar
- More VoLTE icons
- Option to skip 3 second timer in screen record
- More statusbar and QS customizations
- Brought back lockscreen charging info
Clean flash guide:
- Install the latest TWRP or OrangeFox
- If you have the latest OrangeFox R11.1_1, you can simply wipe the cust partition from GUI. With TWRP or older versions of OrangeFox, open Terminal (Advanced/Terminal in TWRP, Menu/More/Terminal in OrangeFox), and run command
then enter “y” to confirm.
mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cust
- Install ROM in recovery
- Format data (the one you type “yes” to confirm)
Gapps, vendor and firmware are included.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.