- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 11. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 11.
- Encryption is disabled for various reasons. You can keep using the latest TWRP or OrangeFox, but please follow the clean flash guide carefully.
- Dirty flash is fine from previous EvoX builds based on android 12 or 12.1
- When switching to other ROMs, you may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.12 No.4
- Linux 4.9.323
- massive backport of the kernel random number generator stack from upstream common kernel
- fixed several conflicts caused by the random stack backport
- disabled qcom’s early random initializer because it is no longer needed
- use ascii-armor canary to prevent buffer overflow from overwriting canary in fork
- Wireguard 1.0.20220627 to go with the new random stack
- fixed several section mismatches in qcom’s regulator drivers
- fixed an incorrect asoc bound check that potentially causes echo in speaker-mode phone calls
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Moved the fingerprint HAL process out of system-background task group for cpuset
- this should significantly reduce the fingerprint unlock latency in some cases
- Corrected the audio HAL service name in power HAL’s restart script
Evolution X Updates:
- July security patch
- Fixed the issue of Google’s SystemUpdate constantly retrying in the background, draining battery and building heat.
- Added some new fonts, including NothingDot
- Toggle to enable adb root
- Brought back alarm & wakelock blocker
- Brought back sensor block package list
- More themed icons
- Several more QS tiles, including Locale tile and Music tile
- Misc fixes
Clean flash guide:
- Install the latest TWRP or OrangeFox
- If you have the latest OrangeFox R11.1_1, you can simply wipe the cust partition from GUI. With TWRP or older versions of OrangeFox, open Terminal (Advanced/Terminal in TWRP, Menu/More/Terminal in OrangeFox), and run command
then enter “y” to confirm.
mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cust
- Install ROM in recovery
- Format data (the one you type “yes” to confirm)
Gapps, vendor and firmware are included.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.