- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 11. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 11.
- Encryption is disabled for various reasons. You can keep using the latest TWRP or OrangeFox, but please follow the clean flash guide carefully.
- Dirty flash is fine from previous EvoX builds based on android 12 or 12.1
- When switching to other ROMs, you may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.12 No.3
- Linux 4.9.311
- CodeLinaro tag
- Enabled Spectre BHB mitigation
- adapted qcom’s kgsl perf counter change to non-privileged scratch buffer
- ported compiler friendly vectorization for XOR from mainline kernel
- ported arm64-specific crc32_be optimization from mainline kernel
- ported Arm Optimized Routines for strcmp and strncmp from mainline kernel
- merged and adapted lots of branch prediction hardening code from android common kernel
- fixed qcom’s PSCI BP hardening mitigation for kryo2xx/3xx cores
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Fixed rounded corners
Evolution X Updates:
- April security patch
- Heads-up notification blocklist/snooze/timeout
- Option to hide IME button space
- OOS style notification clear button
- Many more misc stuff
Clean flash guide:
- Install the latest TWRP or OrangeFox
- If you have the latest OrangeFox R11.1_1, you can simply wipe the cust partition from GUI. With TWRP or older versions of OrangeFox, open Terminal (Advanced/Terminal in TWRP, Menu/More/Terminal in OrangeFox), and run command
then enter “y” to confirm.
mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cust
- Install ROM in recovery
- Format data (the one you type “yes” to confirm)
Gapps, vendor and firmware are included.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.