- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 11. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 11.
- Encryption is disabled for various reasons. You can keep using the latest TWRP or OrangeFox, but please follow the clean flash guide carefully.
- Dirty flash is fine from previous EvoX builds based on android 12 or 12.1
- When switching to other ROMs, you may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.12 No.3
- Linux 4.9.312
- enabled ARMv8.1-a LSE atomics
- fixed and optimized spectre-v2 mitigation enable logic
- Fixed the battery info in Settings/Battery
- Brought back LiveDisplay
- Brought WfdCommon and IFAA back in tree and enabled generic mouse input for Qualcomm’s WiFi Display
Evolution X Updates:
- May security patch
- Color-coded battery icon
- WiFi AP related customizations, like hidden SSID support, AP band preference, and client manager
- Misc fixes
Clean flash guide:
- Install the latest TWRP or OrangeFox
- If you have the latest OrangeFox R11.1_1, you can simply wipe the cust partition from GUI. With TWRP or older versions of OrangeFox, open Terminal (Advanced/Terminal in TWRP, Menu/More/Terminal in OrangeFox), and run command
then enter “y” to confirm.
mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cust
- Install ROM in recovery
- Format data (the one you type “yes” to confirm)
Gapps, vendor and firmware are included.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.