- Formatting data and clean flash are required if you come from android 11. Please do not update through OTA if you are on android 11.
- Encryption is disabled for various reasons. You can keep using the latest TWRP or OrangeFox, but please follow the clean flash guide carefully.
Device Specific Changes:
- Etude kernel: Op.12 No.1
- Linux 4.9.294
- Merged CAF tag
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Raised the minimal CPU frequencies for INTERACTION hint
- reduce jank when scrolling through lots of images and videos
- Enabled haptic feedback when pulling down notification panel from the status bar
- Dropped unused entries from mixer paths and audio platform info config
- Many other fixes and improvements from my other android 12 builds
Evolution X Updates:
- December security patch
- Various features are added back gradually
Clean flash guide:
- Install the latest TWRP or OrangeFox
- In TWRP/OrangeFox, open Terminal (Advanced/Terminal in TWRP, Menu/More/Terminal in OrangeFox), and run command
mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cust, then enter “y” to confirm.
- Install ROM in recovery
- Format data (the one you type “yes” to confirm)
Gapps, vendor and firmware are included. Dirty flash may be fine if you are on my previous Evolution X build.
Please report issues to jjpprrrr.